Griefers.. just 1

JuniperM40

Griefers.. just 1

Post by JuniperM40 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi Guys (valour, Sabbath)

I don't want to be 'that guy' who complains, and generally just play through a round even if there's silliness happening all around.

However, I think the community knows a player named 'rufus' who basically constantly accuses others of cheating, aimbotting, etc.. every time he gets killed. Also anyone who has a momentary spike in PINGs he seizes as 'proof' of cheating.

It seems that I'm not the only one who receives his vitrol and focus of random insults. It seems to be directed at everyone on the 'opposing team'. Most players Ive played with just say "ignore him, he's a troll" etc... which we have done in the past. Easily done, and we play on.

Now, it's one thing to have him mouth off and racially insult everyone (again, people just ignore him, as we have done for months), but it's an entirely different matter when he changes team and then Team-Kills people he's been verbally abusing..... just check the chat logs (text logs) from today. He even says "Juniper, im gonna TK you!! <insert explicatives here>". (I dont know how much more proof you need here), That steps over the line of simply being annoying into much graver grounds.

After discussions with some more experienced players on at the time and earlier this week, Turns out everyone and every server knows about him, and this player does this on every server out there.... whether games.on.net, or skankyflat, or NZ, etc... Basically accuses everyone of cheating. (It almost makes me wonder if somehow he's the actual cheat here.... but I digress). It's almost a running joke among 3-4 servers i've played on; however actually joining the opposing side just to go behind people and shoot them point-blank is contrary to the spirit of the game. Every time that guy is on a server, the experience goes from fun-and-jovial to simply wanting to quit and go elsewhere. it wouldnt surprise me if he's already been banned on many servers; as he tends to "empty out" the entire server just by his presence.

Now, My ping does hit up anywhere between 60-80 ms usually, with occasional sustained pings at 600-900 ms as my wife likes to watch Netflix. Naturally, with a modern game engine such as UT3 -- all this results is in local lag and self-deaths for me. (Hits are calculated server-side... doesn't matter if my local client thinks I hit someone.. I haven't..) meaning that a high ping for me is absolutely detrimental; and doesn't affect others. In fact, I frequently find myself 'dead' because I cant move fast enough, find cover quickly, etc... I play for fun and working with a team, not for individual achievement or points... if I'm lagged ill hang back and try doing engineer roles, or commanding/dropping arty where needed as that's pretty much all one can do sometimes!... oh, and bots are damn easy to hit even at 900ms sometimes when they run in s straight line at you =)...

but enough about me; as this is not the purpose of this post.

Anyways, just letting you know. I leave any actions you wish to take to you.

I frequent your bridges server pretty much every few days, and really enjoy unwinding on the weekend with a few great rounds. Luckily 99.9% of the other people around me are of the same mind; and we have a great time, win or lose, all sides.

Its only 1 player who can ruin it.. and he frequently does.

Cheers.

- JM40.

"SkankyFlat.net = now a 'rufus free' zone..."
^^ Might have some appeal for other players too =)

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: Griefers.. just 1

Post by FlakSabbath » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Thanks for the post, I will have a look at the chat logs, from memory I think I have seen him moaning in there before....
Will give him some time out in the norty corner possibly ;)

Thanks for signing up, and using our servers btw :)

Butts

Post by Butts » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:01 pm

This guy has already been banned from GoN and AusNZ. If it's any 'proof' I can post screenshots of him killing me in spawn, as well as killing me and 2 other people purposely. I thought he was joking around and all that, but he started killing me in spawn at the start of every game. I think the admin of GoN has contacted TWI and asked for a gameban on his account. So sooner or later he won't be on any servers.

But holy fuck, this guy has been annoying me and accusing me of 'hacking' for the past one and a half years now. He used to have a bunch of different names, but it was the same guy... scroob, zorro, CARLANGA, etc...

I think I might miss him now haha

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

Found his ID and details in the chat logs, plus the comments re he was going to TK you deliberately, he has gone for a long vacation :)

Cheers for the reports,

Sab

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Thanks for letting us know Juniper. Seems Flak has beat me to the punch on this clown.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au

JuniperM40

Post by JuniperM40 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi Guys

Seems our troublemaker is back, causing, well... trouble again

Going by the name of "carlanga" now; Likely using a different numeric SteamID -- as Butts mentioned in the above post.

Identical behaviour as 'rufus'; complains of "Hackersz0rz!1!1!!oneone!!eleven" every time he's shot. Verbally abusing pretty much everyone in the all-chat. Again was TKing people yesterday evening at the start of the River Map.. had a -6 score within seconds of the round starting.

Cheers.

- JM40.

p.s. Love the server BTW. I'm on it pretty much everyday.

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks for the Heads up Juniper, will look through the chat logs tomorrow and banz0r him again ;)

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Guys, can you please add me to steam [OCB]VALOUR

If these clowns are screwing up your game, and I'm not in the servers I won't know about it, hit me up on steam and I'll take care of it.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au

JuniperM40

Post by JuniperM40 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Added!