What's the gameplay like?

HURT-U-I-WILL

What's the gameplay like?

Post by HURT-U-I-WILL » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:25 am

For those of you who have paid and downloaded the game...what's it like?

Opinions Please? %-(
Cheers,

HURT-U-I-WILL

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: What's the gameplay like?

Post by FlakSabbath » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 am

It's awesome, requires shit loads of communication, co-ordination and teamwork.....
I have not played enough yet to be a good voice, but have watched hours and hours of gameplay on youtube etc...

Its all about foot soldiering at this point, with Tanks and choppers to come in updates, bear in mind its still pre-release, but very very polished at this point...

It is a game well worth buying if you want to get into a Squad with friends and communicate, and work a plan, you will have shit loads of fun...
If foot soldiering is not your thing, and you prefer running and gunning and gung ho super hero stuff, then BF4 is for you....

But if you like to think about what you are doing, flanking, communicating, and working a plan, then this is the game you want to be playing....
Also using the UT4 engine, which is just such a sound and brilliant engine...
Its going to be a very good thing this game.... my recommendation to everyone is to BUY IT :)

Its right inbetween BF4 and ARMA3 in gameplay if that makes sense, and 50 v 50 infantry scraps are awesome :)

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:36 am

Agree with Flak's comments. It's a good buy, but you will be frustrated for the first few hours of play while you work out what the hell is going on. Initially it is confusing, the communication may not be the best (with some squads it's like herding cats), and you'll spend a lot of time looking at the waiting to spawn screen. But hang in there, get used to it, and I think you'll find it's a pretty good game.

One of the major downers is the graphics IMO. I can run Arma 3 pretty much maxed out at 70 FPS, but Squad I have to drop everything to low in order to get 40 FPS. Doesn't make sense to me and I can't afford an upgrade to my GPU so I just have to put up with it. Arma 3 graphics are vastly superior (it just looks great), so it must be an engine thing.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Haha SQUADs graphics are way better than Arma3's :)

You just using a 2012 Mid range graphics card on the latest Unreal engine 4 build ;) so thats why you are lowering everything and struggling with frames ;)

I get 120fps no worries, with everything maxed on my setup, and it looks fantastic.... Still lots missing though from the game as its still Alpha stage :)

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:59 pm

I still think Arma 3 graphics are way better than Squad.

They are cleaner, more detailed and the movement modelling is much better. I wish you were right about Squad graphics, I just don't see it. Arma 3 is a resources heavy game, and my rig handles it really well, doesn't make sense that Squad struggles. Engine maybe? Maybe I could start saving for a better GPU. Recommendations? Price?
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:29 pm

ARMA 3 engine is quite dated now, you are comparing an old engine to a current new version of an engine...

Dx 11 vs Dx 12 etc etc...

Your G card will struggle with high frames and performance on any modern engined game at medium to high settings....
It plays Arma3 fine and runs arma3 fine due to the age of the game and engine :)

UT engine is very well optimized, but old hardware will struggle usually...

A GTX650 is going to stuggle drawing all that stuff in, with its low Vram - so it will leave out alot :)

Also bear in mind you are comparing a full release of a game, versus something in early alpha stage, so heaps missing still as SQUAD only 3.6gb download currently :)
think how your card will handle it when they add the heli's and jets :)

https://youtu.be/dO2rM-l-vdQ

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:12 pm

I have an i7 2600k, 16 gig ram so I think thats a good combo, just need another GPU. What would you recommend?
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:39 am

Depends on what other games you want to play really, and whether you are an Nvidia or AMD fan :)
And pretty much comes down to how much you will let yourself spend...
The more you spend, the longer you get out of it, before other games start to push it

Anything with 4gb of Vram or more, and any modern GPU from a GTX960.970 or 980 to the FURY series from AMD, find something to fit your budget pretty much, and make sure your PSU will cope as well.

the 2600k should do you for another year or two ;)

Suzuki007

Post by Suzuki007 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Hurt I totally love this game,

I purchased the game the other day after seeing Sabbath post saying how good its going to be,

And I must say I can see why he likes this game and rates it,

It is a steep learning curve to start with and you definitely need coms [note to self you need another mic],

This as stated above is a foot soldier game and to start with I found myself getting killed from any where I had no idea...but stick at it give it the time it requires and boy is it fun I'm hooked,

The matches are way long and you must be with a squad haha hence the game name lol,

The graphics are gorgeous again I see what Sabbath is crowing on about UT engine and hey it just works and demonstrates the power over anything EA have done spot on call Sabbath,

Also what I like is the fun between players its bloody awesome sneaking about with ambush in mind and so forth and hey you can actually play the game instead of worrying who is going to shoot you from 5 miles away through a bloody wall,

Your system will eat this game and love chewing on it, I have 4 new games now Star Wars, Squad, another Sabbath recommended game Fallout4 and Star Citizen,

Star Wars is hmmm OK just another EA game,

I love Fallout4,

Squad yep its hooked me love it I can see myself loosing a lot of time on that game,

Star Citizen has amazing graphics have not had much time with that as yet,

Sorry for going off on a tangent there but I included these other games more as a comparison because Squad will suck you in and I can see capabilities of taking all your living life away,

P.S I as you all know love choppers and tanks and so forth but I am a bit worried if they include vehicles in Squad it could have the effect of killing the game play on foot and that would be sad.

Oh and on a passing note I have heard the people with AMD cards are having trouble running the game.

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Nvidia only for me.
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?ma ... googlebase

What about this?
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS