Server settings

Butts

Server settings

Post by Butts » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Hey guys I emailed the server admin saying something about server settings a while ago. Didn't get any word back so I decided to check the forums.

First of all I have to say that you actually have a really good server. I get way better ping on it (about 70 vs. 100) than the other Aus servers. It also doesn't lag at high playercount. When the other servs get more players on them they start to lag and we've had them crash before. No issues on your end though. But your server settings are just bleh. I have 800 hrs in RO2 and I don't understand why your server settings are the way they are, and it totally kills for me playing on your server.

First of all, you guys used to have the killcam thing which was just weird and has no place in RO2. Glad that's not on anymore.

However, the range that names show up is way too far. (literally, I think you have it set to 'far') Since afaik there's a server setting to change between far, near, and off. No other server I have played on has this and it just looks weird while making the screen cluttered. The others all have it to near or off. It looks soooooo bad on far. Another good way to avoid screen clutter is to run this tiny mutator http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =147114468

It lets users tweak what they want to show up and what they don't. or you can tweak it serverside and push to clients. You should consider using it. Makes the game more immersive and just looks better to not have HUD cluttering the visuals.

In my email I said that the botcount was waaaaay too high. Imo bots ruin the game cause they're dumb and don't act like humans at all. They are incredibly good at hipshotting you from 40m while looking the other way though.

It is my 2c, but they do come from a guy who has a lot of hrs in this game.

Cheers guys, let me know what you think

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: Server settings

Post by FlakSabbath » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Hey thanks for the feedback! I am on holiday currently so working remotely so will look at things in more detail in a few days when I return!

Thanks for the comments, and taking the time to sing up here, and your thoughts are valid and appreciated!

Cheers

Sabbath

Butts

Post by Butts » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:03 pm

I just joined the skankyflat server for ro2/rs. Good to see the changes. Looks much better without the names cluttering the screen, and the botcount is much more reasonable. If you're ever feeling adventurous about tweaking the server check out the mods on twi forum or steam workshop.

there's a bunch here that you might like on the server

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/f ... .php?f=136

thanks sabbath

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:08 pm

No worries, and thanks for the feedback! :)

Butts

Post by Butts » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:25 pm

were the settings changed on all servers? Just playing then on the RO2 campaign server and the name distance is still really long. Glad that there is a campaign server up though cause the only other time that aussies get to play campaigns is when the server admin of the awesome mode server switches it to campaign for the night. you also have the compass enabled on the campaign server at least, which I think should be disabled for the sake of realism (plus nobody looks at it anyway).

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks for that, might have forgotten to tweak that server, will do it when its empty again tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up!