Some cool suggestions for skyflank!

shnukshnuk

Some cool suggestions for skyflank!

Post by shnukshnuk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Hey skyflank admins! i have noticed skyflank's popularity has been going up recently and as a result a fair portion of the aussie/nz community has shifted to it. Therefore i have some suggestions to make skyflank even better so please hear me out and tell me what you think.

1. Combing the RO2 and RS servers:
on this its is noticeable that the Ro2 and RS fanbase can sometimes be split and this results on lack of players for either skyflank servers. But what if you create a third server? or modify an existing one to accommodate RO2 and RS maps in one! we can please everyone like this.

2. Add the Beta SNLF mutator!:
The SNLF (japanese marines) appear in rising storm on the map Betio and some custom maps that run the SNLF. However they use the Khaki SNLF uniforms which are historically inaccurate. the Khaki SNLF uniforms never really saw service until late 1944!. Luckily a Modder managed to find the original SNLF uniforms from an old version of RS and bring them back as a mutator. this mutator can be adjusted for certain maps of your choice which is great. the SNLF have a distinct sea green naval uniform with this. These are tripwire originals btw so they have high quality. If you want your servers to be 100% historically accurate then i recommend these. They are currently on 6 servers including mords 40-1 and Aussie/NZ. It would be great to see these historically accurate and realistic uniforms brought to skyflank! heres the link. read description and posts to the page for info on how to run it on servers which adjustments of your choice ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =beta+snlf

3. Maybe remove the bridges server?:

This server seems to be sucking up to much peeps from the ro2 and rs skyflank servers and drive away other members. besides if you make a Ro2+RS server it will be fine as people can vote it in anyway if they want it XD

thans for reading! please consider my suggestions for this great server!. i especially would like to see the Beta SNLF mutator put in as i am a big advocate for historical authenticity!

VALOUR

Re: Some cool suggestions for skyflank!

Post by VALOUR » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure Sabbath will have a look at them and see if he wants to implement them.

Pretty sure the bridges server is STAYING.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au

shnukshnuk

Post by shnukshnuk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:19 am

VALOUR wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure Sabbath will have a look at them and see if he wants to implement them.

Pretty sure the bridges server is STAYING.
well okay. thanks though. im looking forward to your responces on this. i think we can all agree that 1 full server is better then 2 half full servers am i right? XD (ro2+RS server i mean) or maybe just turn the bridges server into a combined ro2+rs one rather then opening a new server. and remove the two previous ro2 and rs only servers. i guarantee more players if its Ro2+rs

thanks though man i hope sabbath looks at this

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:59 am

Hey thanks for the input and suggestions , will give these some serious thought re the mod and merging servers.
Will keep you posted as to any changes! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback, always appreciated.

shnukshnuk

Post by shnukshnuk » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:02 pm

FlakSabbath wrote:Hey thanks for the input and suggestions , will give these some serious thought re the mod and merging servers.
Will keep you posted as to any changes! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback, always appreciated.
no worries! thanks for reading. i look forward to the future posts

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Will definitely add the skins mod ;) And will consider what to do with the servers shortly as need to make room for a SQUAD server or two when its launched :)

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:03 pm

And its SkankyFlat, not skyflank btw. Clearly one should not drink and post... ☺
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS

shnukshnuk

Post by shnukshnuk » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:39 am

VALOUR wrote:And its SkankyFlat, not skyflank btw. Clearly one should not drink and post... ☺
everyone refers to it as skyflank so the name stuck for me. but ill try using the correct name

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 am

Righto.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS

shnukshnuk

Post by shnukshnuk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 am

hey i got the mod devs official MODDB link it should be easier to install through this rar

http://www.moddb.com/mods/beta-snlf/dow ... v102-91215