Server Issues

VALOUR

Server Issues

Post by VALOUR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Playing on the RO2 server and received message "You are banned from this session - you may join when map restarts" or words to that effect.

Not sure if this was an error or a server admin did this, but I was not, nor have I ever cheated in ANY game. Can someone possibly check server logs and find out what happened please? If it was a server admin, you might want to consider having a chat to them about using their access - clearly not ok to ban players at random without any reason other than they may be better at playing the game than the admin....
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: Server Issues

Post by FlakSabbath » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Hey there,

thanks for posting, there are no active admins currently on either the RO2 or Rising Storm server, apart from me :D

So it is not an admin banning you, it will be your connection potentially to the server, and you will be getting banned for what the server thinks is a speed hack,
it will usually come up with this in the chat box of the server prior to being session banned.

Its an old bug that is hard to get around with RO2, I will have a look and remove any session ban in place for your GUID.

Apologies, but try to ensure you are not downloading, or have anyone Youtubing etc on your connection if possible :D As that can cause this problem :)

Cheers

Sabbath

VALOUR

Re: Server Issues

Post by VALOUR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:28 pm

Understood. Need some admins that have a long history of gaming and can do it properly?
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au