RO2 Unban Request - Dandy

Game Server Requests/ UnBan Requests/ Ban Requests - All Requests in here please!
Dandy

RO2 Unban Request - Dandy

Post by Dandy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:59 pm

Hello Skankyflats,

I discovered tonight that I have been banned from all Skankyflat Red Orchesta 2 servers. After having a good think about why I might have been banned I have realised that offence might have been taken at a discussion had the other night with other players on the server. The servers were under heavy load and the Skankyflats R02 + RS server was experiencing serious lag that night and was becoming very frustrating to play. Rubber banding, entire server freezing, teleporting etc. Myself and some others organised to move to another server.
It was appear that this was against the rules and for that I regret my actions. This dissent is not something that I will participate in again on Skankyflat. I very much enjoy playing RO2 regardless on what server it is on and would be very appreciative if this ban were lifted or perhaps shortened so as to not be permanent.

If the ban was for another reason however, then please advise on how I might help in finding a solution agreeable to all.

Regards, Dandy.

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: RO2 Unban Request - Dandy

Post by FlakSabbath » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:04 am

Hi there,

Thanks for appealing your ban, you were right on the money as to why.....

I don't personally care what server you play on, that is your business, but encouraging others to leave for another server will never be tolerated on any server, period....
I do read the chat logs when ever I can, and particularly when there is a sudden drop in player numbers (often mic spammers or trolls cause this) , but noted you and one other in particular were orchestrating a shift to another server.
Post your steam ID and I will go about removing the ban, If however you are noted in chat making any such comments again, the ban will be re-instated, and will be permanent.(will also cover Rising Storm 2 when released and any other steam games)

Just to clarify, these servers are not pay per slot, and are not under load at any time, they sit during peak times with about 25%-35% CPU load, and also only 50% ram useage, so heaps of head room, what it could be is the players from Russia and Finland and random places like that, I will look at implementing a ping kick potentially during peak times to correct this.
Rather than encourage people to play elsewhere, try letting me know next time, I am happy to fix any issues usually.

Also these servers are provided by myself, for no other reason than the enjoyment of all things gaming, for friends, family and the general public... I do not need more work, and I do not look lightly upon anyone disrupting my efforts, its time and money to me.

Thanks for your ban appeal, it is successful, if the other person responsible that also was encouraging players in chat would like to appeal his ban, he may find it lifted as well.

Cheers,

Sab

Dandy

Post by Dandy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:41 pm

I understand and will not do this again. I have also now read the rules on your forum, I will follow them without issue.

Thank you for accepting my unban appeal. As far as I know, my steam ID is: STEAM_0:0:23525621

Cheers,
Dandy

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Ping kicker has been implemented, hopefully that cures any issues.

Cheers,

Sab

Jawsh

Post by Jawsh » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:31 pm

FlakSabbath wrote:Ping kicker has been implemented, hopefully that cures any issues.

Cheers,

Sab
I don't mean to butt in, but I'm curious as to what the ping limit setting is in milliseconds.

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:43 am

its now set @ 350ms
Will monitor it and adjust as required :)