Unban request: Mistaken identity?

Game Server Requests/ UnBan Requests/ Ban Requests - All Requests in here please!
Temporary

Unban request: Mistaken identity?

Post by Temporary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:15 am

In game name/alias:
сука блять

Steam ID (Added in for convenience):
STEAM_0:1:47347899

Game you were playing:
Red Orchestra 2

Server you were on (quite a few of them running):
Red Orchestra 2: Stalingrad Campaign

Time it Happened:
November 30th, as for time I'm not sure but I *think* after 7:00 PM. I really have no idea though, sorry.

Who banned you:
Someone called [OCB] Valour, who I believe is currently staff here.

What you were doing at time of ban:
I was pretending to be Russian and typing in broken English, but other than that, nothing but playing the game. I'll explain further in the next point.

Why you think your ban should be lifted:
I'm not sure why I was banned, but I am under the impression that the admin has mistaken me for someone else. While playing like normal with the rest of the players, Valour typed out something about a "Dopey mate" of mine, and after saying "Thanks, now I have your ID" (Steam ID?), explained this to the rest of the server by saying that "this clown is the mate of someone who got permabanned from the servers, and he's permabanned from the forums too". (I think that's it, anyway.) I was permanently banned from the server, and trying to log into other Skankyflat ones yielded the same result.

The thing is, none of my actual friends play RO2 anymore (they've all moved on to Fallout 4 and the latest releases), so I'm not sure where the part about my dopey mate comes from. Furthermore, I'd never actually heard of these forums until I decided to make an unban request - My reasoning being that if there were admins, there was a community. (I never really read the MOTD.) I noticed that in these forums, in the rules thread (which I went through hoping to find some explanation), Valour made a post about how if a friend of yours is banned, not to go on an angry rampage about it or you'll join them. I think it's probable that this is related.

I wasn't actually breaking any rules at the time, and I don't think I've ever broken any rules at all on the RO2 servers, mainly because they're really the only ones I play on so I don't want to get banned from them. I do not hold anything against Valour, because it is my belief that this just a simple case of mistaken identity with unpleasant consequences. I'm not asking for an apology, either, just an unban so I can keep playing RO2 on one of the only populated AU servers.

Would you please consider this? Thanks for your time!

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: Unban request: Mistaken identity?

Post by FlakSabbath » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 am

Thanks for the un-ban request, I will have a chat with Valour and get his side of the story, we did have 2 clowns who copped perma bans from RO2 and the forums for admin abuse, and abuse in the chat box on these forums.
Rather than just appeal the ban, they started a string of abuse in the chat box, and threatened to DDOS the servers, not bright considering I have their IP addresses and times, and if the servers get DDOS'd in the next week or two, will forward the threats to my host for investigation and follow up....
Simple stuff - But in general - Dont act like a Tard and play the game, and you will never have any issues on our Servers ;)

Will post a response soon.... Valour may add his thoughts to this thread as well.

Cheers

Sabbath

Temporary

Post by Temporary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 am

Ok, thank you. I hope that we can resolve this in a friendly manner and put it behind us. Again, just for the record, I don't hold anything against Valour, nor do I blame him for what occurred. Mistakes happen.

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm

This was not a mistake. Of the two clowns that were removed yesterday, one of them said a particular thing which was the start of the issues in the first place. At the time, one of them was banned from the server, the other managed to escape prior to being banned. Let me outline my justification for this ban:
  • When I entered the server which is the subject of this complaint, the exact same statement was made by you сука блять, which happened seconds after I entered the server. I believe this was the second player "lumpeemalk" from yesterday, and you were silly enough to make the statement, thereby giving yourself away. Additionally, following the ban, you again, as happened yesterday, attempted to add me on Steam.
  • You made no mention of what you said in the server prior to the ban in your appeal. The exact same thing was said yesterday. That indicates to me that either the most amazing coincidence in gaming history has just occurred, or your silly enough to out yourself as being a clown; I suspect the latter is true. Prior to that you appeared to be telling everyone that you were Russian and didn't understand English very well. Then out of the blue once I join, the comment from yesterday.
  • Based on the balance of probabilities, I would say with a reasonable degree of certainty, that you are lumpeemalk, and as a result of your actions here yesterday, I think you should find another group of servers to play on.
  • You mention that you are a regular on SkankyFlat servers and you really don't want to be banned from them. I have 127 hours logged on the Skanky Servers, and I've never seen you before. A similar protestation was made by lumpeemalk and his mate yesterday, although I'd never seen either of those guys ever in our servers. There is no record at all for lumpeemalk having been on our servers, and for his mate Bruzzy there is a grand total of 0.93 hrs (less than one our of playing time).
There is also no record of сука блять on any of the Skanky servers either; so either you have changed your Steam name (most probably from lumpeemalk), and if so, for you to say you are a regular on our servers is incorrect. That being the case, what else are you not being honest about?

Your approach yesterday was to abuse and rave like a child, your approach today is to be polite and respectful, I for one am not fooled.

The final determination on that is Sabbath's call, he's the one here with the final say, but I believe I have sufficient to ID you as lumpeemalk, one of the trouble makers from yesterday. Of course you could provide proof, but steam ID and IP addresses are easily changed. [
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:02 pm

I will add to this as well. Yesterday lumpeemalk complained that there was no specific format for an unban request. I find today, a format is asked about in another forum thread here. Evidence it stacking up IMO.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS

Temporary

Post by Temporary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Alright, now it makes sense to me why you would draw that conclusion, but I still maintain that I have done nothing of the sort. I'll try and answer/ask the points you made the best I can.

1. What was this statement?

2. I attempted to add you to ask you why you had banned me, because I was confused. Honestly, I think that ANY normal person would try to add the admin who banned them to ask them what was going on (either that or fly into a rage), so it's not really a valid point.

3. I didn't abuse or rave, I had no chance to explain anything. I was simply banned on the spot.

4. You haven't seen me because I change my name on an extremely regular basis, to the point that I get complaints because people find it difficult to remember who I am. A quick check of my name history shows I've had tons of different unique usernames over the course of a long while, although unfortunately enough it doesn't display the dates so that's no good, other than the fact that my names tend to be less abstract than "Lumpeemalk". In fact, the only reason I've kept my current one this long is so that you will know who I am.

5. I am not an official regular or anything else, I just play on the Skankyflat servers most of the time. You may not have seen me, but I have seen you many times, and not once have I seen you act this way, nor have I seen you utilize any kind of authority.

6. I have never heard the names Lumpeemalk or Bruzzy in my life before, but I understand if you don't believe me.

7. I know IP addresses can be changed, but I didn't know you could do that with a Steam ID, and I have no idea how to do either regardless (though a quick google would most likely answer it).

8. Unfortunately enough (for me), I have no proof.

Sorry if it's not very good, my head's not clear. I'm getting a bit annoyed by this because I don't know what the conflict is actually about, yet I'm still caught in the crossfire. I have no way of proving my innocence, that is true, but I still don't want to get banned from the server because finding other ones with the same population is impossible. I'm sorry for whatever I've done, but if I was as bad as you claim this person to be, why would I go through all this effort just to come back, without even asking for my supposed friend to be unbanned?

Please, I just want to be able to play the game in peace. I'm sorry for whatever it is that I've done.
Last edited by Temporary on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Temporary

Post by Temporary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Here is a link to my profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054961527/

Again, I really don't want this fight, I just want to be able to play the game. I realise that it's almost impossible for a coincidence like this to happen, but it seems that it has anyway. Is there any way I can prove to you that I am not Lumpeemalk?

EDIT: The only result I found on steam for Lumpeemalk was this profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046523390

Unfortunately, I think it may be a bot or something of the sort, since they have no steam profile set up and it is impossible to tell if they play Red Orchestra 2.

EDIT: Another question. If I supposedly asked for an unban request format before (and, judging by the chat history, had the question answered), why would I feel the need to ask the same question again?
Last edited by Temporary on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Temporary

Post by Temporary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Ah, I've looked through the chat logs on the site, and I see what you meant about the phrase. Apparently players were annoyed that Bruzzy or Lumpeemalk yelled "Allahu Ackbar" during the game?

I remember now, I see what you mean. When I ran out of ammo, playing as Soviets and pretending to be Russian, I said something like:
"I am run out of bullets, allih akbr for stalin"

...Before running into the Germans with a satchel. And seconds before I was banned, I said:
"You got me"
"I'm not actually Russian"

...Although I suspect that the second line didn't go through before I finished typing it. Now that I know this, this all makes much more sense to me. Although I'd like to add that I despise arguments as inane and empty-headed as "What if Bruzzy was a practicing Muslim, that would make it ok right?".

Having background on the whole incident, I get what's going on, and I promise that I won't do that again. I think it's still a ridiculously unlikely coincidence that you happened to join just before I said that. I'd been going on with the act for a while by then, and that was the first (and only) time I said that. Unrelated, but I feel the need to point out that "Allahu Akbar" jokes aren't particularly uncommon online. They happen constantly and just about everywhere. Still, at least now I know why I was banned.

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:50 pm

I stand by my initial response to this request. I have nothing more to add.

There are plenty of servers out there, please use them. We have a large player base, and a handful of bans, I don't issue them lightly, and I have a pretty good eye for people trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS

Temporary

Post by Temporary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:53 pm

VALOUR wrote:I stand by my initial response to this request. I have nothing more to add.

There are plenty of servers out there, please use them. We have a large player base, and a handful of bans, I don't issue them lightly, and I have a pretty good eye for people trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
There are plenty out there, but I don't have a decent internet speed to connect to them, otherwise I'd move on like nothing happened.

Please, since you still don't believe me, is there at least any way I can prove it to you?

At least let me have a chance. I don't care about this Bruzzy, and I don't care for getting them unbanned, I just want to have another chance so I can prove I haven't done anything. One single low-quality "Allahu Akbar" joke made in poor taste shouldn't be the grounds for a permanent ban, just because someone else said the same thing yesterday.