Arma 3 King of the Hill

Game Server Requests/ UnBan Requests/ Ban Requests - All Requests in here please!
Airbound

Arma 3 King of the Hill

Post by Airbound » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:49 am

Hi I saw this section of the forum so I thought I'd just say that IMO the "King of the Hill" multiplayer game mode in Arma 3 is great and I think you should atleast just look into a bit and see what you think for yourself. At the moment there are 3 Australian servers (I think) with two being run by the clan "Team Revolt" which you may know of from BF4 and the last server run by some guys that I always see in game on the Revolt servers (althought their server is always empty). The Team Revolt servers have 80 slots available for players at a time with 64 of these slots unreserved and they are usually full from about 4pm - 10pm Eastern Standard Time with atleast 20 -30 players on at all other times other than like 4am haha. That might give you an idea of whether or not another server is needed/wanted.

At the moment the Team Revolt server is run very harshly with bans being given all the time for nonsense and the admins abusing the rules for their own gain. This can be seen in situations where people are not supposed to be shooting from the edge of the zone were they are immune (near their respective bases) because they can just go across the line to attack and retreat a bit to be safe and the admins of the server ban people for doing this but do it themselves. Many high leveled players I know actually play on the American and Canadian servers because they prefer playing there rather than putting up with Team Revolt bullshit.

Lastly I'd like to point out that maybe aussie players are too used to just playing on revolt and that making another King of the Hill Server wouldn't work because people wouldn't join/take notice of it. So if this game mode seems to interest you (its much like Battlefield but just in Arma) maybe give the game mode a further look.

Thanks for reading if you do,
Airbound

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Re: Arma 3 King of the Hill

Post by FlakSabbath » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:18 am

Hey mate, I will have a look into it today..... EXILE mod is currently running, and whilst an awesome concept, they keep breaking things and the support is poor to say the least....
So the server not doing much currently ;)

Might swap things across to this, or possibly Tactical Battlefiled mod (another I have had my eye on for a while :P)

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:54 am

Alright upon investigation, cannot host KOTH on dedicated servers, they want you to rent one from their preferred providers, which pretty much kills it sadly for me ;)

Any other suggestions on Missions/Mods?

Airbound

Post by Airbound » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:17 pm

I've heard good things from, "WhiteSapphires" about tctical battlefield and I don't think australia has a server so it might be good for you to start one up as you'll have a monopoly here ;)

EDIT: Whenever I say Aus I mean NZ aswell ;) haha

VALOUR

Post by VALOUR » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:17 am

FlakSabbath wrote:Alright upon investigation, cannot host KOTH on dedicated servers, they want you to rent one from their preferred providers, which pretty much kills it sadly for me ;)

Any other suggestions on Missions/Mods?
There is a KOTH mission available for pub servers. I can run it on one of our servers if you like.
NOS VEREOR HAUD HOSTILIS
TS3: ts3.ocbservers.net
Web: ocb.net.au