Fragging at 40

Anything Unreal Tournament in here.....
Kataklysm

Re: Fragging at 40

Post by Kataklysm » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:50 am

toymachin3 wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:You're a tall bugger too from what I recall Sabbath!
My 6 yo just got a Vita for his bday, to go with my P4 that he plays GTA5 on. So he's actually gaming like 3x as much as I do lately.
I'm amazed how quick he picks up a game and gets quite adept. Digital natives eh
I know man, they pick it up so fast.

I remember people saying the same about me when I was young, but think of how intuitive we find devices using swipes and touches now - as people who for the majority of our lives didn't have them - and apply that sort of level of intuitive design to someone thats just learning. No bloody wonder they pick it all up so fast! My neice and nephew fly around on their tablets.
I think it's almost a surprise if young kids CAN'T use tablets/smart phones these days. My youngest (3) plays Final Fantasy on my phone as it's just touch and the icons are real obvious. "I press sword button daddy and kill monster!" :mrgreen:

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:58 am

Haha I break things in cyberspace all the time, these forums, game servers! :D

Just try to fix it before anyone notices :P

evenflow

Post by evenflow » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:59 am

This just makes me wonder if there is any chance of a UT1 LAN in Auckland? Could we get enough people? :D

Happy to help with costs!

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:05 am

Haha UT99? That would be a blast from the past indeed :D

I think if you included the new UT4 as well, people would be very keen..... And if someone pays for Toys flight back from London :D

Happy to facilitate where possible ;)

toymachin3

Post by toymachin3 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:45 pm

If ya'll get a lan together i'm gonna need a livestream :D

Kataklysm

Post by Kataklysm » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:26 am

haha that would be epic. Pizza(a darker shade of black) and No Doze for all!
Though since we're all older buggers now, we'd need to start by 2pm please, so I can be in bed by midnight xD

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:55 am

Haha :D

I certainly wouldn't be bringing a keg to this one like I did to the first :P

First one was the best one IMO, was a completely new concept to most people back then, and everyone just played hard out from Friday night through to Late Sunday....
Bugger all sleeping was done.... or file swapping...

The next 2 were more File sharing, with playing in between haha

Kataklysm

Post by Kataklysm » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:39 pm

I missed out on the first few Skanky lans, as I didn't come to UT99 until 2001ish I think.
The first UT99 lan I did go to was hosted at El Bandito/EB house out in Pakuranga. Toymachine came along too, and would have been about 12, maybe 13 at the time. His mum was all worried about leaving him in the hands of nerds. Which was someone validated, as EB was pretty lax on the ol' alcohol intake under his watch :D

When we went to the bigger ones out west, it was always a prerequisite to buy a spare HDD on the way xD

toymachin3

Post by toymachin3 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Kataklysm wrote:I missed out on the first few Skanky lans, as I didn't come to UT99 until 2001ish I think.
The first UT99 lan I did go to was hosted at El Bandito/EB house out in Pakuranga. Toymachine came along too, and would have been about 12, maybe 13 at the time. His mum was all worried about leaving him in the hands of nerds. Which was someone validated, as EB was pretty lax on the ol' alcohol intake under his watch :D

When we went to the bigger ones out west, it was always a prerequisite to buy a spare HDD on the way xD
Haha I went from not drinking the beer left on my table in the early days, to sharing doobs with the lads by the time of the last ones out wesht. Used to have a great time at both EBs and the YF boys at Trevs. Remember little OMEGA getting fairly hammered one night?
FlakSabbath wrote:Haha :D

I certainly wouldn't be bringing a keg to this one like I did to the first :P

First one was the best one IMO, was a completely new concept to most people back then, and everyone just played hard out from Friday night through to Late Sunday....
Bugger all sleeping was done.... or file swapping...

The next 2 were more File sharing, with playing in between haha
haha yeah man, LANS were awesome back then and something new/different for me - had no DSL for a good few years. I found the same with the filesharing though, became harder and harder to get some solid gaming time in. Nowadays I'd imagine it'd move back towards gaming what with more access to highspeed internet and such, people less dependent on lan sharing.

I think this Lan needs to happen!

FlakSabbath
Site Admin

Post by FlakSabbath » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:55 pm

It was Evenflows idea, he needs to take charge now :P It's his baby haha :D